CYA not coming up

Mar 21, 2008
Roseville,Ca
All my numbers are good except I cannot get my CYA up to 70-80.A month ago I tested it at 50 and added the required amount of stabilizer.A week later no change.I did it again and a week later no change.Even went to pool store and they get same numbers. My phospahates are 500, they tried to get me to buy stuff but said no. They got a little snotty after that. I have read about all of you with high phosphates and it not being a problem, so I stayed with that advice.Any idea what would keep my CYA down? I will say my pool is small and us large dads cannon ball a lot of water out to get our kids screaming "Bering Sea! Bearing Sea!" lol

I don;t know where you are located, but I have had about 6-10 inches of water replaced to to the persistent rains over the past month...could be part of it

Having enough water splashed out to lower CYA from 70 down to 50 in a week would be very very obvious. The water level in the pool would go down by about a foot. Something else must be happening.

I can think of two other possibilities. If you have an auto fill system and a leak, it is possible to have that much water replacement in a week. If that was happening you would notice changes in your other levels as well. Another possibility, if you added CYA to the skimmer and then backwashed/cleaned the filter the same day you could lose nearly all of the CYA.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.