Use pool cleaner booster for fountain?

I purchased a FlowerFall pool fountain a while back, but it only sprays up a foot or so unless I really increase the flowrate on my pump (even then it doesn't spray much higher).

I finally got around to making an adapter so that I can plug the fountain into the wall fitting where my Phantom pool cleaner attaches. I tested it briefly and the fountain works great on that connection since it has a booster. My question is am I damaging my booster pump (or anything else) by doing this? The booster manual says never to run the booster unless the cleaner is attached.

-Tim

It goes about 12 feet up with the booster pump on and actually looks like the fountain packaging advertises.

There's a "bypass door" on the fountain to control how much water actually reaches the fountain head. I started with that fully open (no water reaching the fountain head) and the booster pump was making some loud noises. It was a lot better with the door closed, but I still don't think it was as quiet as when the cleaner is attached.

I don't know if it will have any affect, but I'll try adjusting the filter pump speed (since I can't adjust anything on the booster) to see if having that high or low brings the booster pump noise down to the normal cleaner range.

Thanks,
Tim

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.