Used Baquacil for a year and a half... NO MORE!

Jun 24, 2009
Just wanted to thank all the knowledgable people on this site that helped me see the light, and make my conversion from Baquacil to chlorine. I had trouble all year last year with cloudy water. Spent so much money on chemicals, so much time trying to get the pool clear, flocing, vacuuming to waste, rinse, repeat, heading back and forth to the pool store, I finally got it clear, only to have to close the pool 2 weeks later... Awesome. Opened the pool this year with Baquacil again, against my better judgement telling me to switch to chlorine. The pool lasted all of 2 weeks before it was cloudy just like last year. That's when I said the heck with it, and started doing some research online. My research stopped with this site. Honestly, this site is all a pool owner will EVER need for taking care of their pool. I got my pool crystal clear and converted within FOUR DAYS of starting my conversion, and it has been beautiful, crystal clear, and clean, ever since. Going on around a month now with zero problems. Just pouring in a little liquid chlorine here and there, or throwing a tablet in my skimmer while I run the filter, and testing the water. All levels have been stable and great since the conversion, and I've spent maybe.....$60 on chemicals.

Thanks! Now I'm trying to sell my parent on their conversion. lol

I'll post up a pic tomorrow, if the rain holds off. It really does look absolutely beautiful. You can REALLY tell the clarity difference when it's dark and the pool light is on. You can see straight across the pool no problem, and it's like looking through glass underwater. All of the tiny floating particles I always saw at night when I had Baquacrap, are also completely gone.

I just don't know how anyone can use Baquacil. I'm just thankful I found this site before I wasted a couple more years of dumping money into it. There is just so much less work and dumping in of chemicals with chlorine. I wager the case of liquid chlorine that I bought from the pool store for $12 will last the entire season.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.