Gravel or small pebbles in Filter

fmrock

Mar 24, 2009
I cleaned my filter tonight and noticed there was a bunch of gravel/rock on the top and all in the filter.

I have been thinking I could possibly have a leak for a while now and have been looking for it, but this is the first time this has showed up.

Also, since the last time I have cleaned the filter, we have had a HUGE rain (6 inches in a few hours) and got and had the pool draining out of the over flow.

I am going to check again over the next few days.

Do you think this could be a leak or junk just washed into the over flow/pool...

I've noticed the same thing lately but I have not suspected any leaks. How old is your pool? Mine was built in 2006 by Here Today, Gone Tomorrow Pools Inc.

I attributed it to marginal build quality and actually brushing the pool, not what a pool service is accustomed to do.

Its only a few years old.

I think I am going to have a company come out and check for a leak anyways. Its 275 and its driving me nuts... I have tried to look for one with ink and such with no luck.

The pool company found a small leak. It was just the grout between the tile and skimmer. They fixed that right up and seems to be holding water great.

They also figured the pebbles were washed in.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.