New to a baqu conversion

okay so it has been 2 weeks since I finished my conversion. It was estimated that I had about 20 ppm of stablizer left in pool from the begining of my conversion, and was recommended to top up to 40ppm. Okay so that it was I did, however I am losing about 3 everyday with my FC not sure if that is too much to be losing with stablizer. I know that it was only estimated that I had 20 ppm of stablizer remaining in the pool when I finished the conversion and topped up to 40. So my question is?

Is losing 3 in my FC to much?
Do I need to add more stablizer?

I did the CYA test and would say it was around 30ish, if I did it right?

thanks will do it tomorrow just got home and it is late...
should I plug in 40 as my current number in the pool cal?
Do you think my FC was dropping too much during the day?
will it take a week for the CYA to show up for a re-test?

Losing 3 ppm of chlorine is plausible given your numbers, especially if the pool gets a lot of direct sunlight. But there isn't any need to be using that much chlorine each day, thus the suggestion to raise CYA.

Assuming that CYA is 40 right now is a reasonable place to start.

Yes, wait a week after adding CYA before retesting. But you should adjust your target FC level based on what you assume you changed CYA to after 24 hours.

Okay so I topped CYA up to 50, the FC has been 4.5 and I have setting my goal for FC at 6. We had a lot of swiming with the family on Sat. and Sun, and it did get down to 3.5 at one point, plus it has been super sunny and hot. Does this sound right? Or am I losing too much FC during the day?

okay so the conversion has been great, except for the rainy cold summer here in East TN!

I am at the point where I am getting the hang of it and feel very proud of my hard work.

However, I am encountered my first concern since the conversion.

If I need to post this somewhere else free free to tell me wasn't sure though

So everything has been going great....except for all the rain.

My current PH has creeped up to 7.8 maybe 7.9
and my TA is at 122. I need some help and advise on what I should do?
Should I lower PH with the Muriatic Acid and which kind is the easiest to find at walmart or Ace hardware?

I did put in pool cal. the amount of muriatic acid to add 40oz and it said it would lower my ph by .46 so at a level of 7.8 I am assuming this would bring it down to 7.34 and my TA down by 4? Any advice would be great! I know I can trust you guys and save money!

thanks in advance :lol:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
ok got the muriatic acid 31.45 type. ph is 8.0 or there about. My next question is can when and how should I add it?

Should I just pour it infront on the jet? and how long do I have to wait after I add the acid to add my daily dose of bleach?

how long before we can swim in it? and take another Ph sample?

Get a bucket and put some pool water in it. Measure out the acid and pour it into the bucket with pool water. ALWAYS ADD ACID TO WATER!!
Never add the water to the acid. Also, be careful not to inhale the fumes, it is nasty, nasty stuff! Ask me how I know.
Then take the diluted mixture and pour slowly in front of return.
I usually give it like 15 mins before adding the bleach. Never mix bleach with the acid either, that is REALLY bad.
As long as you are only adding enough acid to adjust within range (7.5 - 7.8), then you should be fine waiting like a half an hour or so to swim.
You can check your ph level again after 15 mins.

thanks for the help....oh ph was 8.0 and I wanted to adjust to 7.5 the pool cal. says to add 16 oz acid of 31.45. I don' t think that is all that much or at least I hope not.
I am going to add it tomorrow morning first thing and leave my pump running all day.
thanks

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.