My water seems to be too drying.

Hi ya, Richard! Have you added the Borax to your pool yet like Waterbear? I know you were planing to.

Nope, no water feature. As a matter of fact, I turned the return the other way from last year and while I get better circulation, it actually ripples the water less.

Someone above mentioned something might be "going on", so I added 2 174oz WalM brand bleaches last night and while I didn't test it then, it was already down to 6 by 10:00 this morning! Soooooooooo, just added another 2 and covered...I'll test in a minute. BTW - crystal clear, beautifully sparkling water except for the daily silt deposit from the commercial construction site 2 houses down.

Boy the hubby's going to be mad when he comes home for work and the cover is on. :cry:

I added some Borax for raising pH to counter the Trichlor acidity when I increased the CYA at the start of the season, so it's probably at around 12 ppm or so, but I haven't done the full 30-50 ppm Borates thing. I didn't dilute the pool water as I have in the past during the winter so my salt level is up to around 950 ppm or so. What I did do this summer was get the Intelliflo pump and so far that's been working out well, saving lots of energy. I'm taking things slow...(that's my excuse for procrastination).

Richard

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.