With a CYA of 80 what is a safe......

May 23, 2009
level of FC that we can get in. I shocked last night with the recomendations from the poolcalculator. I raised it to a 31 and right now I cant tell what it is. I know it is pegged out on my Taylor 2006 kit. So it is well over 5 or 10. I would assume it is somewhere around 15. Is it okay if me and the kids get in you think? I guess all it could do is burn our eyes huh?

Thanks

If you use the Taylor k2006 kit you can perform the fas/dpd test to get an accurate reading. Assuming your CYA measurement of 80 is accurate (PLEASE MAKE SURE) anything below shock level (21ppm pool calculator or 30 per CYA chart??) should be OK to swim in...so aim for an FC below 20ppm to be safe, but let it get down to target level as soon as you can.

If you have the K-2005, which I suspect you have, you can do the dilution that is on the instructions on the inner lid of the kit at the end of the chlorine test section to estimate higher chlorine levels. You HAVE read all the instructions on the inner lid, haven't you? :wink:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.