Pool Light replacement

Jul 8, 2009
Hello,new to this forum. Hope someone has a suggestion for my problem.Thanks for your input.

Replacing a nichless Aqualumin light fixture can't pull the wire out. The extra gound wire came out easy. The light cord won't budge. Tried blowing air in the conduit at the junction box .No air went into the pool but was free flowing somewhere. So far no water loss,what could be keeping the wire from coming out? I don't think it's normal to clamp and seal the cord on the back of the pool panel ( vinyle liner pool). What to try next?

Have you tried pulling it from the junction box side? It's easier to get leverage on it from up top, so it may be necessary to cut off the light and pull it from the box rather than through the pool wall. I've seen them so stuck that an A-Frame ladder with a pulley on it had to be placed over the junction box, and then a cable put through the pulley and clamped to the wire so that even more leverage could be applied. Adding a high viscosity wire pulling lubricant from up top could help as well.

I have tried both ways,it feels like the cord is fastened to the outside of the pool wall.I'm concerned that using some type of puller could cause damage if it is connected and sealed to the pool wall. As menthoned tried blowing compressed air through the conduit .No air is coming out the other end in the water but the air is free flowing somewhere under ground.
I appreciate your reply ,could't get any reply from (the other forum). I think I will stick with this one.

Quite welcome, and welcome to the forum BTW!

There's some form of seal in the back of the niche just to waterproof it. Sometimes they're just epoxy, other times they're plugs. Have you taken a dive to see what's visible from the pool side? Keep in mind that the light was one of the last things to be installed, so the cord was pulled through once before. Whatever is holding it in place probably isn't mechanical.

Thanks again,your so right about the light being last,it had to have been pulled in . I will dive today and see if I can tell anything. What I can see from the deck is a conduit sticking out a little.The conduit appears to be white the same size as the grey conduit at the connection box. This is a nichless light and the hanger bracket bolts direct to the wall. I will post the results of my inspection.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.