Big Ants in the pool

May 22, 2009
Columbia, SC
I don't have pictures, sorry. I was too busy smooshing them last night. They are about 3/8' long and dark reddish brown. There were a couple floating around but a bunch inside the floats of my rope. My dad has the same type of ants in the deck seams at his house.
Any solutions? I'm willing to put the amdro/insecticide down before I lay sod, but that is still a few weeks away )c:

I have these too, mine have wings. I only see them after a rain, but there are a bunch of them. Sorry, no suggestions, just wanted to let you know you're not alone.
We did have our pest control peeps spray the yard, maybe it will help!

It's swarm time. :grrrr: We have them and they're all in the pool. I use the net to direct them to the skimmer. it's satisfying to see them sucked into the skimmer. Then I just have to clean the skimmer sock of them. They'll be gone in a few days. There does seem to be more of them this year but that might just be my imagination.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.