Solar Sun Rings

Jul 1, 2009
Hello All!

I am considering Solar Sun Rings to help heat my pool. From what I've read they work great, but there is the PITA factor. My pool probably requires 16 rings to get the 70-80% coverage recommended. Since my family is in and out of the pool throughout the day, having to remove all these rings each time is not very practical. I am thinking of getting only 6 rings. This way I could leave them in the pool when only taking a short dip. They would only need to be removed when entertaining or planning to spend family time in the pool. Does anyone have experience with using fewer rings than is recommended? The company tells me this is done, but they are trying to sell me their product so I'm not sure that I can trust their opinion. Any feedback at all on these rings would be appreciated.

Thanks!

I hadn't seen the thread - thanks! Lots of good feedback, though the theory behind the SSRs is great, they sound like something I should avoid. If anyone has any additional input, I'd still be interested in hearing it.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.