H-250 pool heater

Vistal

Jul 8, 2009
My heater pilot will light every time but when i turn on the switch and set it to high heat i hear a CLICK and the pilot goes out. the pilot will stay on forever. Anyone have any suggestions?

Could also just be that the valve is stuck and sucking all the power from the generator, which would then cause the pilot to close.

Your pilot is burning next to a small thermopile (pilot generator) which converts heat into electricity and creates enough power to open and close your gas valve for both the pilot and the main burner. To light the pilot you hold the valve open manually by pushing down the knob on top, but once the generator is working it holds the valve open for you. If you disconnect power from it, or the power shorts out to some other component, the pilot goes out.

It's not likely that it's just shorting out onto the safety circuit if nobody's touched the wiring, but take a look around the valve and make sure a mouse hasn't gotten in there and chewed everything up.

If that's clear take something small and hard, maybe the backside of a screwdriver, and tap the gas valve a few times and then try turning the heater on a few times. As I mentioned it could just be that the valve is stuck and sucking all the power from the generator since it's not used much.

If you have a volt meter handy, set it to DC volts and check the power from the generator. It should read between .3 and .6 or so with the pilot on. See what it does when the heater tries to turn on.

Thanks for the help. I found 1 major problem . Ok so i was F'in around inside and found that the pilot tube was broke off the threaded end by the bracket by the burners .so this weekend ill buy a whole new igniter assembly with the thermopile + tube they sell =around me for 120$ or less . I will update the thread when im done reinstalling everything.

OK well thanks for all the help .I installed a new Pilot /ignition assembly and worked flawless. I also cleaned up all the sensors inside + blew out all the tubes . 10-15 sec after the pool water started to flow it stared up and warm water came out of the jets.how Warm is the water supose to be coming out of the jets? Another question ..Now my Dang Timer decided to F^^%%% up It reaches the post to turn on and it clicks only 1/2 way if you tap it it pops all the way.Same with the off Post its a mechanical timer not electric panel. If you have a clue what may be sticking i would love to hear it.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.