Need advice on Sealing concrete deck and copping

learthur

Gold Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
Sep 9, 2008
The Woodlands, Texas, USA
So here is a photo. I guess I am thinking of doing some sealing if appropriate for 2 reasons:

1) Protect against salt water as I now have a salt pool.
2) Protect against dirt and stains to make things look newer and easier to clean.

Any suggestions on whether this is even needed and if so what product would you recommend?
I have had thoughts of everything from Thompsons water sealer, to epoxy clear coatings, to grout sealer.

Thanks,

Lee

Attachments

• IMG_0209.jpg
    IMG_0209.jpg
    365 KB · Views: 201
hopefully you can get a landscapers opion or you can try posting the question on lawnsite...it's a pretty cool landscaping forum...but my opinion (check with a expert) some unilock patio paver sealer would probably hold pretty well and last a few years...I find thompson's to be useless (just my bad experiences) more like paint thinner that washes away in a month than a water sealer.

We bought the pool wih the house so don't know who did the copping work.
The pool builder like so many is no longer in business.

Yes with time I did have about a 1/8 to 1/16" crack where the copping meets the concrete. I just finished filling that with a fine grout that is almost like caulking from HD. It was pretty easy to do and removed one more place where the ants like to build nests.

My next project is filling in the expansion joints like the one in the photo with Silkaflex or similar concrete gap caulking.

Thanks for the rec on the pager sealer. I will try to find some.

Lee

Ok, good, i was hoping you didnt pay for it. The coping shlud have been cut so the joints would be uniform. The expansion joints with concrete are a problem like that. thats why a solid stone coping looks better, IMO, with concrete like that.

I would look into the Unilock stuff. They have good stuff.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.