Tear down and install of used 16x32 AGP

FlyboyTR

LifeTime Supporter
Jul 5, 2009
Mobile, AL
Hello,
We have purchased a 16x32 Above Ground Pool. Planning to tear it down this weekend and get it moved to our house. After that we will start our site preparation. I have read several articles regarding this type event. However, I am concerned about handling the metal sidewall, being able to get it stretched out, without it creasing, bending, etc.. and then roll it up for transport. :?:

I would appreciate any helpful tidbits on how best to handle this task. Thanks!

Travis :shock:

We didn't have to tear our used pool down, but we did have to re-install it. We also helped someone else from my work take theirs down. Take a camera and take picts, take several screw guns and extra chargers for them. They used a sawsall for cutting some bolts that couldn't be removed. A can of looosen it spray might help loosen those stuck bolts. Several old margarine tubs for screws and several 5 galllon buckets will make your life better. The buckets are for parts like top plates and bottem plates. We kept our side wall rolled up on a 2 wheel dolly closed with a big rachet strap. The side roll is VERY heavy. When you roll it up take note where your skimmer cut out is from the end. You want to know that when getting ready to put it back up. It,s impossible to rotate a pool thats walls are already up. We slid that roll around on a kids plastic snow sausser from the winter. With only 3 guys doing the heavy work it helped a lot.
Good luck, we are very happy we upgraded. Dirt and ground work and setting the blocks took the most time and gave the biggest headackes. But it was worth it. :) Kimrst

Kimrst,
Thanks for the reply. Yesterday we pulled all the plumbing, pumps, etc, top caps and rails. I also sprayed the nuts/bolts holding the side wall together. Actually they are stainless and looked pretty good. I am still at at loss of exactly how I am going to remove and roll up the side wall without damaging it. I assume it will take man hands to help support it! Thanks again...

We pulled the pool down yesterday. With the help of 5 friends we were able to disassemble it and load it on the trailer in about 2.5 hours. The wall is HEAVY! Rolling it up was tough. We ended up putting some boards down on the sand to help roll the walls (vertical) as it was pulled out of the bottom track.

I am really worried about self installation of this thing! I may have to "pay the man!" :shock:

Travis

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.