I gotta say FPM was right again,

Feb 2, 2008
Northwest Indiana
During the spring I was stating my support for a program of mostly bleach or liquid chlorine most of the time and using Cal Hypo Shock on Sunday night after a long weekend of swimming. There were lots of Pros and Cons on for or against doing it that way...many people siding with FPM saying that I should not need to use the Cal Hypo...and others siding with me saying that if it was used once a week as a preventative, it was ok and what harm would it cause. Well I can honestly say that I have not used any Cal Hypo this year, and have only used bleach or as I am now using 12.5% liquid shock as it is called from The Great Escape...my local pool store. I have a much clearer pool and I have used nothing else. I have to say mom was right there really is no need to put the Cal Hypo in. As long as I maintain levels and test daily I am ok. Thanks FPM for setting me straight...One day I will learn never ever ever to question your knowledge again. :hammer: ..Thanks for saving me the extra money!!! :cheers:

reebok said:
I bet she got you in an arm bar at your 4th of july party didn't she? or maybe she just threw all your calhypo away...

I gotta say this...I should know better than to doubt her. No Arm Bar holds...but she sure can set up a quick rain shelter!!!

73 degrees if we were lucky...all the adults on the deck under rain tents, and the kids were in the pool anyway...God bless em...The swam in the rain!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
frustratedpoolmom said:
MikeInTN said:
How much did she pay you to write this post? :mrgreen:

LOL :mrgreen:

Awe, Beave....you don't have to kiss up, we'll still like you. :whip:

We talked about this...I said if I was wrong I would admit it openly and I was :hammer: :grrrr: So there it is...You know how much I hate being wrong and then having to admit it...It is that competetive thing again :whip: How is camping... :cheers:

I'm exhausted. Hiked 5 miles up the canyons, down the ladders :mrgreen: :wink: Monday then hit the pool before some baggage, and then we hit the creek in the tubes for 4 hours yesterday. IT was awesome. Rained last nite though, so no fire. :cry:

We ALL have to go back next year. I need the Mrs. to make my breakfast. :rant: :mrgreen:

frustratedpoolmom said:
I'm exhausted. Hiked 5 miles up the canyons, down the ladders :mrgreen: :wink: Monday then hit the pool before some baggage, and then we hit the creek in the tubes for 4 hours yesterday. IT was awesome. Rained last nite though, so no fire. :cry:

We ALL have to go back next year. I need the Mrs. to make my breakfast. :rant: :mrgreen:

I'll let her know that she was missed... :mrgreen:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.