Embarrasing question. Please answer honestly..

G

Has anyone accidentally put dropping reagents in their beer or cocktail while testing their pool?

Last night I brought a Mojito down to my pool patio and decided to do a quick FC FAS test. I put in the powdered agent, took a sip of my drink. I grabbed the R0871, unscrewed the lid and put the dropper bottle directly over my Mojito. Just before I began to squeeze the bottle, I realized my near fatal mistake and spared both my drink and my health.

I thought to myself. There HAS to be somebody on the Pool Forum who has actually done that..hence, I ask the question.

Anybody?

No. but I dumped out a bottle of CYA reagent once, thinking it was my pool water sample. :oops: Now I put a red mark on the CYA reagent bottles. I can see putting the drops in a drink though.

As frustratedpoolmom would tell you this is a common symptom during bouts of sparklypoolitis...thankfully you caught the mistake...but can;t be worse than siphoning gas or spraying your head with a can of lysol the mrs left on the bathroom counter :shock:

Seriously, I'm glad you caught the near mistake...thanks for posting as a waring for us other pool geeks

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Years ago, I brushed my teeth with the desitin diaper rash ointment that my wife left on the bathroom counter.
It could have been worse. We could have put toothpaste on the baby's rear.

launboy said:
dmanb2b said:
...or spraying your head with a can of lysol the mrs left on the bathroom counter :shock:

LOL, did that really happen?

Adam

rbdeli said:
Has anyone accidentally put dropping reagents in their beer or cocktail while testing their pool?

Anybody?

I am still laughing, but not at you but with you:)
Not that I have added any chems to my beer or drink for that matter but there have been plenty of times that I've done something rather "silly" w/ my chems...but don't tell my hubby...he believes that I am the Queen of Pool Chemistry and I would like to keep it that way..... :mrgreen:

1-Added water to acid...that's all I am going to tell you....have a T-shirt to prove it, well it used to be a T-shirt now it's more of a stripper shirt with all the holes in it....lol

Glad to hear you did not drink your Mojito:)
Cheerio,
Tanja

rbdeli said:
Years ago, I brushed my teeth with the desitin diaper rash ointment that my wife left on the bathroom counter.
It could have been worse. We could have put toothpaste on the baby's rear.

haha, I seriously doubt that would have been worse. I thought the same thing when we had a baby. "man this stuff is exactly like the toothpaste tube..."

Since I don't wear my eyeglasses in the shower, I didn't know I was using the dog's shampoo for about a week. I thought it was a bit strong. It did make my hair shiny.

...and as to pool accidents, my wife accidentally drank my glass of pool water I placed next to the kitchen sink. It was O.K. since I was finished testing anyway.

rbdeli said:
Last night I brought a Mojito down to my pool patio and decided to do a quick FC FAS test. I put in the powdered agent, took a sip of my drink. I grabbed the R0871, unscrewed the lid and put the dropper bottle directly over my Mojito. Just before I began to squeeze the bottle, I realized my near fatal mistake and spared both my drink and my health.
Once again we have proof on the dangers of drinking and testing! :mrgreen:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.