110 connection @ a/c disconnect box

Hire an electrician.

Assuming you are talking about pool wiring, you really don't want to tap another circuit to do it. It's trivial to get the 120, but it's not trivial to make it safe for people or equipment.

WHY that's what the installer said he was gonna do if start up was gonna be a constant problem ......what i mean is that it is a 1 hp motor on a mastercool and on start up the 15 amp circuit for outside plugs just isn't enough along with the garage lights and the fridge in the garage :rant: and BET I"M NOT UNPLUGGIN THE STOCK OF BUDLIGHT !!!!

The swamp cooler needs a breaker on whatever curcuit it's on. If you pull 120 volts off of one leg of the 240 volts, the breaker for that leg is actually only on one pole of the 240 dipole that runs your A/C unit. You will be pulling an uneven load off of the A/C line.

Also, im a little confused on the set up. For your A/C, there should be a black, red, and ground coming from the panel if its 8/2, or black, red, white, and green if it's 8/3 (i'm assuming #8 since the A/C unit is most likely on a 40 amp dipole.
You need to call a qualified eletrician to fix your problem

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.