Our Staycation spot

I LOVE IT!

This is exactly what we are doing at this moment. We had an irregular, gunite pool with coping and tile in bad shape. Now, all we have is an ugly hole in the ground with lots of men working daily.

BEAUTIFUL :goodjob:

The trees are nice but I can really testify the hassles created by them. I've put up with tree debris for going on 24 years. I had to cut down a huge, healthy, Aristocrat Pear this year that was shading the pool much of the day and another, younger smaller one; both shaded our house from afternoon sizzling sun and the pool is warming up much quicker than in years past. If only it would stop raining for a week :rant: :rant: I could be swimming in June rather than July.

They do shed "fake" pears for 3-4 months during the summer. The "pears" immediately settle to the bottom and stain the pool within minutes. Thousands of them.

The main reason I cut them down is that our puppy, Jake Mastiff, took a liking to them last summer and almost died from cyanide poisoning. The Doodles had no interest in them. With two new puppies, the Australian Cattle Monsters, and not knowing if Jake would still relish them, we decided the trees had to go along with one, just taking off, in the front fenced yard.

Your Oasis looks pristine and so inviting. Enjoy.

gg=alice

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.