SPLASHER Owners - Has Your Pool Changed Shape?

dpool

Sep 20, 2007
Okay - I thought I was going crazy and everyone around me must have thought I've been around the pool chemicals too long ... but it's been confirmed. My 5 year old Above Ground Portable SPLASHER type pool (VINYL with outside pipe supports) seems to have changed shape. Not in a MAJOR way (like from a rectangle to an oval) but I just had this 'sense' that things 'looked' different. A bit uneven in areas where it was even before and it just seems different.

Well the other day one of the regular pool goers says, 'hey - didn't this mark use to be lower?" They were right. The height of the 'warning' signs had 'moved up' the inside pool wall and instead of having a 1 to 2 inch border they are almost all the way up the side to the rails. The outsides look the same.

I haven't figure out if what this could mean. Does this mean the pool has 'settled' and is deeper and therefore needed to 'pull down' this space. Or is the pool rising? Or are the struts lifting or sinking? What cause the material to roll?

The SPLASHER type I have doesn't have CORNER rails to 'forgive' an uneven location so we've always had a 'deep end' of about one inch. I just hope this isn't a sign that my property is sliding down a non-existent hill.

I just wondered if anyone else has had a similar experience or explaination.

thanks

dpool

Our Super Splash pool sunk into the ground a few inches. We have sand under ours with astroturf on top of the sand. After a heavy rain, we noticed the rails were kind of wavy. I guess you could say it changed shape somewhat. Ours is 25.5'x13.5'. After 7 years, it doesn't surprise me that things move around a bit. Kind like the wrinkles on our faces as WE age, I guess the pool ages too. Plaster pools lose their plaster and tiles!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.