I don't think my main drain is working

dannieboiz

Jan 16, 2015
San Jose, CA
shouldn't there still be water coming in if you plug up the skimmer hole?

the bottom of my deep end where the main drain is is always full of dirt. Shouldn't it be sucking up the sand too? I went down there and tried to feel it and did not notice any suction at all. When leafs sinks toward that area it just sits there. If it was sucking at all shouldn't the leafs be sucked into?

You should not be able to feel suction.

How is your floor drain plumbed to the pump?
If the floor is plumbed to your skimmer, then do you have a float diverter under your skimmer basket that can force suction from the floor?

You should not be able to feel suction.

How is your floor drain plumbed to the pump?
If the floor is plumbed to your skimmer, then do you have a float diverter under your skimmer basket that can force suction from the floor?

I'm not sure how it's plumb since i bought the house with it. There's nothing in the skimmer basket just two holes one of which doesn't seem to do anything.

How many suction line on the front of your pump?

If just one, then the floor is likely plumbed to the hole in your skimmer that is not doing anything. If you add a float diverter, then you can force some suction from the floor.

thanks for the links and info. Does adding a float valve help with anything or is it just to protect from running dry?

attachment.php

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.