The dog days of summer photo contest

JasonLion

TFP Expert
Platinum Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
May 7, 2007
Silver Spring, MD
{EDIT}The contest is now over. See the winners in the Coffee Bar area.{/EDIT}

The dog days of summer are upon us, and it is time to take a picture of your dog, or any other pet, in or around your pool! Please submit photos that include both your pet and your pool. Photos will be judged in four categories: best photograph, cutest pet, most exotic pet, and ?!?!?.

Photos must include a pet and your pool. For the purpose of the contest, anything even remotely pet like is acceptable: dogs, cats, iguanas, stuffed animals, etc. Humans may not appear in the photo, except for a hand, if required to hold or restrain the pet.

Photos may be submitted by posting in this topic through the end of July. I will then select nine semi-finalists in each category, and the TFP user community will vote for the winners. A permanent gallery of the winner, and eight semi-finalists, in each category will appear in the Coffee Bar area. The winners receive bragging rights for the next year.

Does this one count? Doesn't show my whole pool, but shows both of my doggies! Lady is the lab and Red is the min pin!
Can we add more than one? I had to cut out the human so that cut out half the pool! HAHA!

DSC01945.jpg

Our Scout cruisin' the pool, waiting to pounce

IMG_4231-1.jpg

Checking out mama's TFP pool...yup' looks great, time to jump

IMG_4230.jpg

better bump up that FC with my stinky butt in here :lol:

IMG_4219.jpg

Here is my doggie...Doogie. He is a fetching maniac in the water. He is a mixed breed, we're not really sure what, but we think he is quite handsome. Our other dog, Smokey absolutely hates the water and is off hiding in a corner of the yard somewhere.

Attachments

• dpool.JPG
    dpool.JPG
    65.4 KB · Views: 1,205
  • dpool3.JPG
    dpool3.JPG
    148.9 KB · Views: 1,216

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Oh jwsr , how sweet!

Wish our Bubba (11 YO yorkie) was so brave!

We're still working on it!

He will attack an UPS truck, trash tuck or the mail-man, but the pool "a'int his thing" :mrgreen:

We're just dreaming over here....... :lol:

I know you can't use this one because of the kids but check out that liner right after we filled it up! It looked so green! :shock: Plus Casey jumping in.

Casey always get's the first swim!

She also likes to swim under water!

She wants to know if you're gonna stand there or throw her ball already!!!

My baby boxer Ava's first swim... :shock: I had to save her.

Don't know if this counts but it's on the pool deck... Ava playing with the hose.

Here is my Ava Baby! I knew I had some of her by the pool.

Cooper needs some space. Least he knows where to go so no one bothers him!

It's the color of the liner believe it or not. :shock: I was not happy with it either once full, I thought I had made a horrible mistake when choosing it! :grrrr: It was a brown river rock bottom. It looked cool with a foot of water in it but once it was full, it looked green! :pukel:

I loved it last year and moreso this year and it looks light blue thank God! The last few pics are how it looks today and you know what, the bottom looks different day to day from the over cast and or sun. I love it now! I hope when I get my inground, I can find a similar color, even if it does look nasty green the first year. I like the light color bottom. It makes the pool sparkle like a diamond. :cool:

Here is a pic of it before water...

Sorry for going OT Jason. :oops:

Here are some shots of Sam I took today...rather quickly I might add as I was in the pool with him and my camera is not waterproof. Sam is somewhat neurotic when it comes to his ball. :-D

completecard71209448.jpg

completecard71209447.jpg

completecard71209450.jpg

completecard71209451.jpg

[attachment=2:2e1x94ds]6-15-06 1.JPG[/attachment:2e1x94ds][attachment=1:2e1x94ds]5-22-07 035.jpg[/attachment:2e1x94ds][attachment=0:2e1x94ds]5-22-07 034.jpg[/attachment:2e1x94ds]

Attachments

• 6-15-06 1.JPG
    6-15-06 1.JPG
    121.8 KB · Views: 766
  • 5-22-07 035.jpg
    5-22-07 035.jpg
    101.9 KB · Views: 759
  • 5-22-07 034.jpg
    5-22-07 034.jpg
    175.2 KB · Views: 751
I gotta get one of my girl Casey diving to the bottom of the pool. :mrgreen:
She's going after a Toypedo. Will she get it?

Did she get it?

You better believe she got it! :lol:

My dog is AWESOME and she LOVES her pool!!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.