Ahh-some and tri-x filter cleaning

Jun 21, 2017
Chula Vista, ca
I have my ahh-some as I have learned here that I need and will be doing a purge soon. In reading the directions on the ahh-some website it says to add the 3tsp ahh-some directly to the water and run with the filters in place. The water will foam up, then remove the filters and rinse off, then put back in the spa water and run all pumps for 30 minutes. It then says filters will be cleaner than ever.

Four questions:
1) can I run my Hotspring Grandee without filters in place? I thought I read in the Hotspring manual not to run without filters in place.
2) Will this have any negative effect on the ACE SWCG cell? Should I turn off the output and remove the cell from the water prior?
3) Should the tri-x ceramic filters be in the water as I dose the ahh-some or will they get gunked up with the purge?
4) In reading the ahh-some instructions, it seems that ahh-some might make a great separate filter cleaner by mixing a separate batch to soak the filters. Is this done?

Thanks for any insight.

Well, I'm in the middle of an awesome purge right now. I have a hot springs landmark. I took the filters out and put them in the tub. I didn't read this thread until I had already started. Hopefully won't be an issue with the filters out. I'm draining my first purge now and the filters look okay.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.