Spa Control Panel Replacement

VoR

Jun 30, 2009
San Diego, CA
Do the control pads go out easily? I have an LA Spas, Paradise Model I think that's probably only 2-3 years old. It came with the house we bought out of foreclosure so I have no info on it other than I have powered it up at the breaker box and it powers up with the jets on etc, but the control pad is unresponsive, temp set at 104 and the jet buttons don't seem to do anything either. Should I let it run for a while before trying it or do these things go bad regularly?

What should I budget to replace something like this?

Topside controls run anywhere from $100-500 depending on the model. If you can post a pic of the topside and the main control panel underneath (take note of any part #'s) we can probably track down a link to one.

But before we go down that path...

Many spas, including LA, have lock out functions. Usually they'll reset if you cycle the power to the tub. So turn off the breaker for about 10 seconds, then turn it back on and see if you've got the same issue.

Wow thanks! I was expecting it to be about twice that.

How long does it take to warm up the water normally? The pad indicates the heater is on when I power it up, but I haven't left it on very long. I'd like to make sure there's not more wrong with it before I start pouring money into it. Is there anything else I should test?

It looks like its at least 4 years old and I'm not the original owner so I doubt they'd do anything for me warranty wise :scratch:

If it's a 220v installation I'd expect between 5-10 degrees per hour.

Hard to test anything else without the topside working, but poke around and make sure there are no leaks anywhere.

You never know! Most electronic controls are warranted for 5 years, and you won't lose anything by trying!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.