Matching TFP Test Kits to Taylor Reagents

jeffbg

Jul 29, 2008
Is there a mapping between TFP test kit reagents to Taylor ones? I'm asking only because in a crunch, I'd like to be able to run down to my local pool store and pick up a reagent I'm running low on.

Specifically, is the FAS-DPD Titrating Reagent sold by Taylor the same as the R-0871 reagent in the TFP test kit?

Thanks!

- Jeff

duraleigh said:
No need for a map. All the TFTestkit chemistry is Taylor chemistry using identical numbers.

So, what do you need TFTestkits for? I'm faster and less expensive.

I'm very happy with what I've gotten -- in fact ordered refills today, but it takes a few days to get to the West coast, even with the great service. Fact is, I had to shock my pool and used a bunch of reagent tracking my high chlorine levels, so it would have been nice to pick some reagent up a few miles down the road is all!

- jeff

mokabb said:
My local leslie's pool store only sells the DPD reagent, and not the FAS-DPD. In fact, the day I went in there to buy the kit with the FAS-DPD reagents in it, they had never heard of it. It is available at their online store.

this is very common. I've yet to hear anyone say that a store had the right kit.

Dave - you do NOT carry the PH reagent for the K-2006, correct?

I have ordered refills of almost everything for my 2006 from TFTestkits and the quality and service have always been outstanding...

Dave even follows up on emails while he's on vacation. That's service!

reebok said:
I've yet to hear anyone say that a store had the right kit.

I have a local store (not a chain store) thats on my way home from work. They actually sell the 2005 and 2006 kit and all the replacement reagents that go into it, including the FAS-DPD powder. But thats the only place i found that does. The Leslie's near me doesnt sell them and neither does the pool store thats run by the guy who built my pool.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.