Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Painting metal rim of 25 year old AGP

1. Back To Top    #1

Painting metal rim of 25 year old AGP

I have a 25 year old Doughboy, 16x32. The metal rim needs to be repainted, there are lots of worn spots where the metal is showing through. Anybody every done this before? I was thinking outdoor spraypaint would be the way to go. Any advice or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Johanna
    1984 vintage 16x32 Doughboy vinyl AG w/deep end, Sand Filter

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Painting metal rim of 25 year old AGP

I've always just used Krylon or Rust-oleum spray paint on worn coping. Mask off the liner and deck (if applicable) and spray away You'll want to be sure it's not a windy day - I've learned the hard way
    Luv& Luk
    -Ted

Having done construction and service for 4 pool companies in 4 states starting in 1988, what I know about pools could fill a couple of books - what I don't know could fill a couple of libraries :-D

POOL SCHOOL, TF Testkits, Jason's Pool Calculator, CYA vs. cl chart, (Just a few DARNED handy links!)

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Painting metal rim of 25 year old AGP

Thanks for the info. That is about what I was thinking. Now I have to pick out a color!

Johanna

Quote Originally Posted by waste
    I've always just used Krylon or Rust-oleum spray paint on worn coping. Mask off the liner and deck (if applicable) and spray away You'll want to be sure it's not a windy day - I've learned the hard way
    1984 vintage 16x32 Doughboy vinyl AG w/deep end, Sand Filter