Haywars Sprocket Gasket, best adhesive to use??

Jul 6, 2009
We have a Hayward pump and sand filter, and water is dripping out the waste, we replaced the spocket gasket dry, and water is still leaking, I see now that there needs to be adhesive used, but it looks like around $30 a tube :? , and I can't find it in stock locally. I was wondering what other adhesive will work, I see some people use super glue, but what happens if you need to replace it again?

Any help would be greratly appreciated!

OK, but I'm confused, how will just a couple of drops of Super Glue keep it from leaking? I got the impression it needed a good coating, remember I just put in a new gasket and it's still weeping out the backwash. Is there something else causing the leak?

The gasket itself creates the seal, with no extra sealant or lubricant required. The glue is just to hold it in place when you change positions on the multiport. The valve also depends on the force of the spring to pin the rotor in place against the gasket, so if the spring looks deteriorated or the handle grinds from position to position rather than moving smoothly, you may want to rebuild or replace the handle/rotor assembly.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.