When to run the pump?

lborne

Jun 29, 2009
Vero Beach, FL
Lets assume I've determined I can turnover the in ground pool water in 4 hours. I've also got a SWG installed, and the pool gets lots of direct sunlight in South Florida. What would be the ideal pumping situation over a 24 hr period?

For example (and this is just made up), should I run it for 1 hour from 8am - 9am, then 12 - 1, then 3-4, then 8pm -9pm?? Or is it better to run the pump continuously for the 4 hours? And if so, it would seem the best time to start the run would be just as the sun is not hitting the pool anymore and let it generate chlorine and have the chlorine at the higher level all night before the sun starts to hit the pool. Or if the CYA levels are good, does it not really matter.

Of course, when using a solar heater that used the pump, the ideal time is when there is direct sunlight, and one would want to run the pump then.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.