Biting Ants

We have a terrible issue them. They are called swarming carpenter ants, and hurt like heck. Every day my skimmer basket is loaded with those evil things. We just had a pest control company out to spray around our home, but need to find something to spray around our yard. Since we have no idea where their colony is located, it may be tough to rid our pool from their invasion.
Rick, What do you use around your pool and deck?

Another summer and we still have an issue with these nasty biting ants in our pool. We have no idea where they come from but they love our pool!! Both my husband and I have been bitten by them. Still hoping to find a remedy that works, as the ant killer in our yard did nothing.

I've had good luck with Taurus SC as a perimeter/barrier spray, and Bifen I/T as a lawn spray. Bifen I/T says that it's good for carpenter ants. Taurus SC is fipronil, so you need to be a little more careful with that product, I apply that product on the exterior walls of my house, I had ants crawling on the walls.

I wonder if having borates in your pool water would kill the ants any quicker?

If you can find where they’re home base is, place a tablespoon of cream of wheat in random spots (that won’t get wet) along their path. They go nuts for it, and when they eat it, it blows up in their stomach and kills them.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.