baquacil and cloudy water

the strips are called baquacil 4-way test strips
1 dips strip tests baquacil sanitizer, oxidizer, ph and TA bought at pool store, used them this year and last year.

we did turn off our pump,it is just sitting there with really cloudy water even worse now hahahaha! I do notice little bubbles on the top!

let me know what you think?

For a long time we had cloudy water with our Baquacil pool. I started vacuuming out the to "waste" or "overboard" as soon as I opened it. If the water is down I added water carefully so as not to disturb the bottom. This prevents all the accumulated bottom goo from mixing with the crystal clear water and going into you filter system where some of the smallest particles get pumped right back into the pool causing the cloudiness.Also make sure you seal all hose so no air is drawn into the filter system, this will cause foam. Once vacuumed thoroughly I add more water to fill the pool to its normal depth and then take a sample of the water in to be analyzed. I add whatever chemicals needed and turn on the filter system for at least 8-hours. This procedure has cleared up our pool. It is an above ground pool buried in the ground with about 1-foot outboard to keep dirt, grass and small critters out. Our pool is set up to facilitate my wife getting in using the step and low low deck I built...she has arthritis in her back and the pool is for her exercise purposes. The liner is plastic and has been in since it was new in 1998. We like the Baquacil because it is less caustic to the liner, people and equipment. We use a sand filter. I use well water, not city water in our pool since we live out in the country. Bottom line, first uncover your pool and then second, vacuum well to "waste" or "overboard", then add water, test and go from there...

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.