Computers

let me know if you are interested in Lenovo Products...PM me with the model # I can forward you IBM's employee pricing on Lenovo products...IBM sold it's PC division to lenovo a few yrs ago, but they still make the thinkpads, monitors etc...we use them exclusively and they take a licking

dmanb2b said:
let me know if you are interested in Lenovo Products...PM me with the model # I can forward you IBM's employee pricing on Lenovo products...IBM sold it's PC division to lenovo a few yrs ago, but they still make the thinkpads, monitors etc...we use them exclusively and they take a licking

I had never heard of Lenovo before. Looked at the site, looks like all they have are laptops? Looking for a desk top although I guess a laptop might would work.

mainly business oriented...as was IBM's PC division...if you look they have desktops as well, just not popular these days. My thinkpadt60p w/docking station is now reaching 4yrs and has been dropped down a flight of stairs...and runs 12hrs a day min...no prob...maybe just lucky, but they are nice business oriented machines with no frills...ie you don;t get 50% of your hard drive prefilled with sw you don;t need.

My experience has taught me to buy the least expensive computer I can find to meet my needs. Computers have been reduced to a throw away item. When they break, no one can seem to fix them properly (especially a lap top) and I end up having to buy a new one anyway.

Thanks for all the replys, I have been so busy I had forgotten about posting this here :shock: I ended up buying an HP.JJ to answer your questions, I will mainly use the computer for Estimating, I am not a gamer or do anything with photo editing.

dmanb2b said:

I've got an old T41 from work a many years back and I have passed on a new replacement a few times now. It's built far better than the dells they are giving us now. The first laptop I passed on was given to someone and it has chronic rebooting problems, the second I passed on just looks like he11 now, case just falling apart. The T41 has taken a beating and still looks new, I'd go Lenovo when this one craps out.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.