Jul 4, 2009
I have alot of iron in my new pool. Testing said 3.7. Any suggestions? We have put 2 bottles of Pool Stain Treatment in the pool and still no results. We have a 24' Above ground pool.. Recently bought a sand filter system and it has been hooked up and running for 48 hours and the water is still bad and red...

Tired of all the chemicals the pool place is selling me that hasn't changed my pool at ALL

Jack's magic, Sequasol and Proteam Metal Magic are the top recommended sequesterants by the experts on the forum.

Is the iron depositing stains on the pool's surface? The metal treatments used properly should keep the stains off the pool surface, and while this part is not clear to me, some people report the iron eventually precipitates out and can be filtered/vacumed out.

Keep your filter going and add more of one of the above sequesterants.

Make sure you maintain the recommended chlorine levels. Have you read pool school?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.