Troublefree Pools alot off topic but want to ask and...

Bowlin

May 4, 2007
Kannapolis, NC
I have a troublefree pool and now the neighbors are wanting to enjoy the fruit of my labor. I have allowed by mistake, them to partake. And then I come home to the neighbors in the pool swimming without asking. I am a pushover most of the time. Today July 4th they come up while we were having family over and asked if they could swim. These neighbors, are just neighbors never have even talked with them as they are new to area. Am I being an arse?

Personally, if I come home and find anyone in my stuff without an invitation, they're done. I'm done. They need to leave right then, and they don't need to expect to come back, and should consider themselves fortunate if there isn't law enforcement involved.

All it would take is one accident to put your and your family's entire future on the chopping block. Now is not the time to worry about whether you are an arse or not. Put a stop to it now. The liability involved in allowing this to continue is tremendous.

Lock it up and make your no trespassing statements either in person or through law enforcement if that doesn't work.

We had a pool when we lived in Alabama, and as soon as I stepped out the door to swim, one of the neighbor girls would come begging to swim. Finally, I got tired of all the kids coming over and there never being any quiet swim time for me, so I told my girls to get the word out that the next week-end was my swim time and that no kids were allowed. That took care of the problem. I have known some people to have a flag or some kind of signal to let people know when it's okay to come over. If you say, "yes" at the beginning and tell people they are welcome any time, well, they may take you up on it.

I had the same problem. Previous owners let the neighbors over anytime they wanted; however, I am not the previous owner! :rant: :grrrr:

2 teenage girls and a divorced dad who thought it was not a big deal. Well guess what, I sure thought it was and I have a fence with a lock on it. These kids jumped the fence! What the He!! is going on with people now days! :hammer:

Anyway, I told him that they were not invited nor did they ask me! He got all ticked off and now has been badmouthing me! Not Cool! So, I put up a NO TRESSPASSING sign on my fence. My insurance agent said that this would take care of the liability as they are tresspassing if they do it again, and that the cops would be involved next time. If something were to happen, then its not on me as I am gone and the sign is up!

A sign goes a long way! :cheers:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I can't imagine going to someone's house where I was not wanted. This is a problem a lot of people have. I know it really takes away the joy of having a pool for those of you who are dealing with this. And climbing over a person's fence...what are they thinking?

My mom was nice enough to let a neighbor girl use her pool, until she saw her pole vaulting with the skimmer pole. Soon after, she began losing water and found that there were holes all along the bottom of the liner! I believe her homeowners insurance covered it, but what a pain!!!

Luckily, there are several nice inground pools in my neighborhood, nobody bothers with my above ground. Or maybe it's because of my dogs... :wink:

Bowlin said:
I have a troublefree pool and now the neighbors are wanting to enjoy the fruit of my labor. I have allowed by mistake, them to partake. And then I come home to the neighbors in the pool swimming without asking. I am a pushover most of the time. Today July 4th they come up while we were having family over and asked if they could swim. These neighbors, are just neighbors never have even talked with them as they are new to area. Am I being an arse?

MAybe you should raid their fridge while they are in your pool. :mrgreen:

Holy cow! I would totally trip out if someone was in my yard, much less my pool! Especially if I wasn't home.
Just tell them there are liabilities to consider. What the heck? I can't even imagine!

Seriously! What a scary situation.

I like to be the nice guy just as much as anyone, but when it comes to a situation like that, you almost have to be an arse! Better to be safe than well liked, you might say! :shock:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.