Bubbles in my flow gauge.

Lazyman

Platinum Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
Mar 25, 2009
NJ
This may be an swg issue, not sure.

I've noticed my flow readings on the Blue/white F-300 meter was higher than normal. The flow is usally 30 gpm and it showed 55 or so. After looking closely, I saw tiny bubbles all around the inside of the meter, surrounding the float as well. This made the float rise higher than it should. I switched to high speed on the pump and the float shot up way past the top line. I thought the thing was going to burst, as it wanted to keep going up through the top. lol

So, are these the famous bubbles caused by the swg system? They are getting into my flow meter? There are no bubbles that I can see coming out of my returns. These are the only bubbles I've seen so far since turning on the system a few days ago. Do these bubbles ever go away? They seem to be holding on for dear life, all over the flow meter.

I do have the meter installed beyond the required minimum distance before and after the elbows of the pipe. Not sure exactly how much more, but I definitely know it's more than enough.

The SWG does produce bubbles. If the flow meter is after the SWG it could be affected by the bubbles. The bubbles are sometimes very difficult to see coming out of the returns. Often you can see them better at night, especially if you have an underwater light.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.