Landscaping ideas by pool?

Kef149

Jun 9, 2016
West Chester, pa
Looking for ideas. My pool is installed on a little bit if a slope with a grassy area next to it. When I moved in the previous owner had the stones and pavers next to the concrete deck. It is a weedy mess most of the summer and a pain to mow around. Not sure if he had them there for retention or aesthetics. Regardless, I'm looking to do something else. Any ideas? Thanks.

IMG_1410.jpgIMG_1411.jpg

I would make a tiered living space (2 maybe 3 levels). Level out part of the bottom put in a concrete patio or paver deck. Then add a 3-5 ft retaining wall and put in a second level either in a wood deck or another patio area. Add a fire ring/pit to one of the levels. If you want to go really fancy some type of tiered water feature. Here's a pic I found looking for tiered patios

95cba4814d98a1b3ace839261094f798.jpg

Great idea. For two lower budget options a) landscape it all. I'm a gardener and would have no problem making an awesome perennial garden out of that. Or b) expand the walkway by about 2', put in a 2' retaining wall and landscape the rest.

You can see my large landscaped area inside my pool fence in my build thread in my signature.

How much usable space are you looking to gain?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.