What does a filter diverter do?

I bought an old Jacuzzi sand filter and according to http://www.pool1.com/images/Documents/J ... ter_LS.pdf (page 15 of 20)

I am supposed to have a diverter and also a filter basket, which I don't have. I spent almost 2hrs. at the pool store, while they were checking their warehouse to see if they had the other parts that I was missing.

I was curious if I would be able to just get a 1 1/2in pvc and plum it from the lateral stand pipe up to the multiport valve. at this point, all I have that goes inside the the filter ball/box besides 200lbs of brand new pool filter sand in the bags is the laterals and the stand pipe assembly.

This is the first sand filter I have every seen that wasn't in operation.

you can find those parts by googling the parts description. In my area Jacuzzi is a protected brand which means only one pool company in this area can sell that stuff. If it's an older filter with missing parts from a filter that might have protected territory why not just cut your loses and buy a hayward off the net and save a headache.

:lol: thats what I was afraid of. paid 100 for a hayward 1hp pump and the jacuzzi filter.

bought the pressure gauge, sight glass, the bolts/screws to attach the multiport valve. drain cap gaskets etc from the local pool store. So all in all I have about 200 including the gas for a 165mile round trip. live and learn I guess. :hammer:

I guess with pool equipment, you can't rig things very well and they work.

the diverter is a gizmo which is on the inside of the filter and spreads the water around on the the top of the sand bed so it doesn't gouge out holes in the sand.

You could run it for a month or so and see if works without it. try it and see if it works, you will soon know. If the pool starts going cloudy that it's not working.
Happy swims
Frank

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.