How mush bleach is needed Im confused

mjt123

Jul 5, 2007
I ok let say I have a 30,000 Gal Pool and it FC is at 3 ppm and CYA is at 30-50 so I using the best guess chart. I would want to Shock at 15 ppm.

So if were to use bleach would I use 747oz of it per the Pool Calculator or would I use 6 gal of bleach per BBB and basic pool chemistry defined "1 gal will raise 10000 gal pool the same ppm as the concentration thus one gallon of regular bleach will raise 10000 gal pool 5.25 ppm." (note im ultra bleach at 6%)

Thanks for the help...

Mike

Pool Calculator Best Guess
BBB and basic pool Chemistry Defined

mjt123 said:
I ok let say I have a 30,000 Gal Pool and it FC is at 3 ppm and CYA is at 30-50 so I using the best guess chart. I would want to Shock at 15 ppm.

So if were to use bleach would I use 747oz of it per the Pool Calculator or would I use 6 gal of bleach per BBB and basic pool chemistry defined "1 gal will raise 10000 gal pool the same ppm as the concentration thus one gallon of regular bleach will raise 10000 gal pool 5.25 ppm." (note im ultra bleach at 6%)

Thanks for the help...

Mike

Pool Calculator Best Guess
BBB and basic pool Chemistry Defined

Mike,

I'm not sure I understand the question....747 oz and 6 gal are virtually the same.

I most of missed some thing last when I used the Pool Calculator. Sorry and thinks for you help

On a different note Is it ceeper to use bleach when shocking.

Thanks Mike and I love this site

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.