Automatic Air Purging of Hayward XStream Filter Body

Charles

LifeTime Supporter
Aug 19, 2008
Currently, there is the stock pressure relief on the top that you unscrew to get air out or to relieve pressure. Now, for whatever reason, air IS getting in there slowly. I am checking all the piping and connections but it could be simply that kids are splashing around a bit too gregariously in the pool. Rather than attempt to modify their innate behavior, is there a replacement pressure valve that will automatically bleed air out and not water?

Charles,
Never been able to find one, I had an air leak last year that caused me no end of headaches, had to purge air 2-3X daily. This year I have all new plumbing (almost done!!) Gonna setup and fill pool today. Did you get the skimmer put into your pool? If so, did you add any extra support around the skimmers edges? Got any pics?
HAPPY 4th!!!
Mike

No. Never got the skimmer installed. Seems like winter switches over to 100+F summer with no Spring in between. Reality is that I get lazy over Winter and then have to much else to do after it is over.

However, I think that it may need some support now that I think about it. That is some significant water weight hanging off the back. I wonder if I could rig a simple wire support from the frame wrapped around the top rear of the skimmer. I thought about hard-piping the skimmer to underground to support it, but these flexible wall ABG pools need to have flexible piping I think.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.