Float Ring Leak

Jul 3, 2009
Hello everyone, I am new here and hope that you will be able to help me out. I have a 3 year old intex pool that has the air float ring on top. I got a couple of holes, pin size, in it and cannot seen to get it patched. I have tried the intex pool patch kit, and when I blow the ring back up, it comes off. I have tried silicon also, which worked for a couple days, and now has come off. What can I patch it with. I am considering a bike patch next, unless someone can help me. Thanks, Bob

Hi. I had the same problem with the one I had. I patched about 6 holes when it was deflated and when I filled it it stretched and the patches didn`t hold. Make sure you inflate it then patch it, they dry in minutes. Aslo a bike patch works as well. Hope this helps

just a tip...do not fully pressurize the ring...most folks overinflate and then when the pool is filled with water it puts addt'l weight on the ring and guess what follows... :poke:

When your done patching...just inflate the ring 3/4 of the way...I can't offer advice on a good patch for the air ring...but perhaps this tip will help somewhat Happy 4th

Well I have tried what was mentioned. I was able to stop one of the leaks, but the other two managed to leak out of the edge of the patch. I have bought some new material again today to try, but we finally were able to get some rain. Starting to wonder if the kids, and me will ever get to swim this summer. :cry: Thanks for all of your help. Bob

I was only successful patching my 2 year old intex ring with patches from autozone......I use "Slime" glue and radial tire patches. all other patches failed!......after finding and marking the pin holes, I deflated to ring to about 1/4 full and applied the slime glue on the patch and the ring, allowing both to get tacky. (Did this in the sun) and then placed the patch and pressed the patch and edges until it held ...I left the patch on for a couple of hours then re- inflated with success!. I believe the sun is breaking down the ring and causing pin holes, so I just now started to cover the ring to keep it out of the sun. I will more than likely buy another intex inflatable next summer, but this time I make make sure to keep the ring out of the direct sunlight when we are not using our pool.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.