Planning a new pool and backyard build, Phoenix, AZ

What do you think?

b76602c5c5a7a46c072277e2dc8438a9.jpg
09c6be1e2a99bdf891a19b5d8b915178.jpg
324c58963cf4a25a244e56322c1ef16e.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
150# per batch is the mac and if your going to add beads that is the way to go. Also I would suggest to add more shells. You get more bang for your buck and it's very pretty, and if you add enough on your entry steps it can even look like a beach entry which is nice.
I did the max beads to my mix and a ton of shells
Picture of the different bead blends and of my entry
5653b569e27e03b965af35363db6cfee.jpg
7d6114b43f0e460fcba4c0575a1bb9c3.jpg

After getting all the bids and adding all the numbers i don't think the savings are significant comparing to what i got from some pool builders. I think the builders get discounts from subs. Per example my equipments are almost 15K, Pool builder would have gotten contractor discount which i couldn't get. I am starting already to second guess my decision to do build your own pool. I will not be recommending it to my friends.

I will tell you that quite a few people who us Pool Builders still end up doing most of their work by having to keep an eye on the trades as they do their part of the build and having to make sure it is done like they want. If you get a good PB then it should be easy sailing. When you get a PB that never shows up then you end up doing his job for him :(

After getting all the bids and adding all the numbers i don't think the savings are significant comparing to what i got from some pool builders. I think the builders get discounts from subs. Per example my equipments are almost 15K, Pool builder would have gotten contractor discount which i couldn't get. I am starting already to second guess my decision to do build your own pool. I will not be recommending it to my friends.
Can you give a bit more details or numbers around this? Are you saving anything over going with a PB?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.