Multiport spider gasket

Sumo1

Mar 29, 2007
Georgia
At our church pool we've had some problems with operator errors, leading to my having to replace two multiport spider gaskets. In the past I've installed them using Permatex 6B gasket adhesive. It seems to hold well if the operators hold the multiport handle ALL the way down but I'm wondering if there's a better product out there for this application? Solutions, thoughts, and opinions welcome! Thanks.

Hal

first check the multiport lever and spring and what not, I think I paid $20 or so and had it completely rebuilt by warehouse pools, they didn't charge anything to do the repair...works like new.

then with the new gasket, my pool buddy, who has worked on them for 14 years now, suggests using super glue under the gasket and push down and seat it well; it'll keep the gasket from being pulled up and keep it from getting tangled up underneath. also, he told me it supposed to be a dry fit gasket, that was something new as everyone else told me to lube it up...

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.