Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Multiport spider gasket

1. Back To Top    #1

Multiport spider gasket

At our church pool we've had some problems with operator errors, leading to my having to replace two multiport spider gaskets. In the past I've installed them using Permatex 6B gasket adhesive. It seems to hold well if the operators hold the multiport handle ALL the way down but I'm wondering if there's a better product out there for this application? Solutions, thoughts, and opinions welcome! Thanks.

Hal
    20x40 IG plaster w/spa, 27k gal, Jandy Stealth 2hp 2sp pump, Polaris 380, SWCG

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry

Re: Multiport spider gasket

You might want to try HH-66 Adhesive, it skins quickly and has a very elastic quality (like webbing)
    -Kevin
    X-Pert Pool Service
    x-pertpool.com
    X-Pert Pool on Facebook and @XPertPoolServic on Twitter
    22,000 gal / 16' x 32' / Vinyl / Hayward s244t /Pentair SuperFlo 1 hp

3. Back To Top    #3

Thanks, Kevin. Who makes HH-66 and where do you buy it? I've never heard of it. Google search for HH-61 doesn't come up with anything.

Hal

4. Back To Top    #4

first check the multiport lever and spring and what not, I think I paid $20 or so and had it completely rebuilt by warehouse pools, they didn't charge anything to do the repair...works like new.

then with the new gasket, my pool buddy, who has worked on them for 14 years now, suggests using super glue under the gasket and push down and seat it well; it'll keep the gasket from being pulled up and keep it from getting tangled up underneath. also, he told me it supposed to be a dry fit gasket, that was something new as everyone else told me to lube it up...
    30,000gal In-ground Gunite Pool DE filter
    Polaris 380 APC

BBB method all the way - Newb, like to absorb info and chatter, but take the experts' advise

5. Back To Top    #5

I've always glued them in dry before, using Permatex 6B. Some say lube-some don't.

Hal

6. Back To Top    #6

In the Industry

I get my HH-66 from my local liner fabricator. Pocono pool products. I found it on google too though. I use it on vinyl because it doesn't temp weaken it
    -Kevin
    X-Pert Pool Service
    x-pertpool.com
    X-Pert Pool on Facebook and @XPertPoolServic on Twitter
    22,000 gal / 16' x 32' / Vinyl / Hayward s244t /Pentair SuperFlo 1 hp