A little bit of background info. I bought a house with a green pool, drained it, cleaned it, then filled it. Everything was going fine until I let the FC slip a little low for a day or two. Since then every time i brush the pool there is a brown 'dust' that gets stirred up by the broom. I'm assuming this is the dying algae. I've never had much CC but I decided to shock the pool to completely knock out the algae.
Temp 90 <-- Gross
The water looks clear and even with the pump running 24/7, there is always that dust on the bottom. Every morning I wake up and cross my fingers that the overnight FC loss is less than one but it seems to be a constant 3-5 PPM loss. Should I keep going or change my plan of attack?