CYA test ~~ Trouble with view tube DOT .....

If I'm not sure I can see the dot, I wiggle the tube a little bit--eyes are better at catching something moving than something sitting still. Often I still have a little ways to go on the test.

Another thing I do is pour the stuff from the view tube back into the mixing bottle, and do the black-dot part again! If I do it 2-3 times with the same answer then I'm pretty confident I got it right.
--paulr

Hmmm, so do people with better eyesight generally have lower cya levels? Seriously.

I've asked my wife numerous times to "take a look" at a test, to see what her vision was telling her.

Lazyman said:
Hmmm, so do people with better eyesight generally have lower cya levels? Seriously.

I've asked my wife numerous times to "take a look" at a test, to see what her vision was telling her.

I think eyesight can play a big part in it. It's not an easy test to master. I've even found that sometimes I thought I saw the black dot and then moved my head slightly and found it was the reflection of my head in the water inside the tube the way the light was coming in. It was acting like a camera lens, sort of.

Butterfly said:
Hi denise and welcome to the forum :wave:

Here's the visual from Taylor that Buggs mentioned: (scroll down page) http://www.taylortechnologies.com/Chemi ... ntentID=44

I wish they had a picture 1 drop before the test was complete! I guess that might not show too well on a photograph.. I'm always struggling with "when exactly did the dot disappear" and my eyes are usually watering from staring to hard and I have a headache when I'm done with this test! :hammer:

CurtisT said:
I'm always struggling with "when exactly did the dot disappear" and my eyes are usually watering from staring to hard and I have a headache when I'm done with this test! :hammer:
Let your eyes rest a minute, pour the stuff back into the mixing bottle, and then do the black-dot part again. I always do that 2-3 times, to be sure I'm being consistent.
--paulr

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.