First step of Backyard Kitchen

tagprod

LifeTime Supporter
Jul 3, 2007
Tomball, Texas
I'm not going to have anything too fancy, but I built this last fall. I'm moving towards building a paplapa over it. Anyone with any experience with that - feel free to pipe in.

14.jpg

Definetly a design to be proud of! I am looking to place a four post palapa over my BBQ area once I complete it. I am hiring a palapa company to install since it seems fairly reasonable. Best wishes on building your own palapa - it is just me doing the do-it-yourself projects since my husband has a bad back. I will be tackiling the bbq area though and your stone detail gives me ideas!

mermaid queen - my feelings exactly!! Although I do like that design - very cool!

If God blessed Texas - why'd he give you Bush (x2 to boot)???? That just negates everything good about Texas for the next 5000 years! :)

matt4x4 said:
mermaid queen - my feelings exactly!! Although I do like that design - very cool!

If God blessed Texas - why'd he give you Bush (x2 to boot)???? That just negates everything good about Texas for the next 5000 years! :)

Ah, misguided Matt There's a whole lot more to Texas than Bush. :-D

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
It does the job, but you have to watch it pretty close. It's a cheapie and doesn't hold the heat as well as I'd like.

I plan on upgrading to a much heavier duty one when this one burns out. I figured I'd get a cheap one and see how well I liked it and how much use it got before spending money on a higher end pitt.

The Mermaid Queen said:
You Texans are just waay too proud of the state in which you live... :roll: :wink: :wink:

Can ya dig it? ;)

Texans are always Texans. No matter if a Texan relocated to a different state for a job or what not, I never ever heard that a native Texas say they hate Texas. They say they miss it. There is a lot of pride in this state for sure. I say Texas has the best moral for sport teams also.

Hook'em Horns!! :p

Pool_Mike said:
tagprod said:
Oh yea love the looks ! Great job. Can you do one for my back yard?? :)

It took three weekends to get this in - 60 bags of 80 pound quickcrete - I severely underestimated how much I'd need or I'd have done something different. The flagstone was left over bits and pieces from the coping that they were going to throw away. I scooped 'em up and layed 'em out in the grass. I took a picture of them and numerically labeled each piece on a printed copy of the picture. On the back side of the flagstone I marked it with a Sharpie with the number. I used hog pen panels as reinforcement and to use to hold up the stones while the concrete was drying. My brother in law helped me and he is a perfectionist. I would love to come do it again at your place pool mike, but my BIL won't return my calls - I think he's afraid I'm gonna ask for more help :-D

Pool_Mike said:
I feel the same way about the consistant heat. I really miss my little smoker

This mofo smoked and cooked so simple, just that it was to small for the bigger jobs I do on the grill now a days

RIP old smoker :(

smells great! what were you cooking and how many people are you cooking for now?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.