Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: First step of Backyard Kitchen

1. Back To Top    #1

First step of Backyard Kitchen

I'm not going to have anything too fancy, but I built this last fall. I'm moving towards building a paplapa over it. Anyone with any experience with that - feel free to pipe in.

Brian
    20K IG Gunite w/ raised 7ft spillover spa. 1.5 HP Hayward Northstar pump 425 sq ft Hayward cartridge filter, Colorlogic lights AquaRite SWG AquaLogic PS-8 control
    1hp pump for sheer descent

2. Back To Top    #2
    You Texans are just waay too proud of the state in which you live...

8000 gallon 20' x 48" round vinyl frame pool, 12" sand filter (don't have the specs on the pump), TF100 test kit
    Handy Links: PoolMath, TF-100 Test Kit, Pool School, CYA-Chlorine Chart
    "Shock" is a process, not a product!

3. Back To Top    #3
    Quote Originally Posted by The Mermaid Queen
    God blessed Texas! Yea, we've all been told that before, but it doesn't stop us.
    Brian
    20K IG Gunite w/ raised 7ft spillover spa. 1.5 HP Hayward Northstar pump 425 sq ft Hayward cartridge filter, Colorlogic lights AquaRite SWG AquaLogic PS-8 control

4. Back To Top    #4
    Definetly a design to be proud of! I am looking to place a four post palapa over my BBQ area once I complete it. I am hiring a palapa company to install since it seems fairly reasonable. Best wishes on building your own palapa - it is just me doing the do-it-yourself projects since my husband has a bad back. I will be tackiling the bbq area though and your stone detail gives me ideas!
    1980's Shasta built 30,000 gal inground diving pool. Pebble-tec interior. Pentair DE Filter. In ground pop-ups. Hayward Navigator sweeper.

5. Back To Top    #5
    mermaid queen - my feelings exactly!! Although I do like that design - very cool!

If God blessed Texas - why'd he give you Bush (x2 to boot)???? That just negates everything good about Texas for the next 5000 years!

6. Back To Top    #6

matt-- are you trying to stir up trouble?

7. Back To Top    #7
    Nope. Just having some fun with the Texans! It's a relative common joke with a lot of truth behind it.

8. Back To Top    #8
    That's awsome!

It makes my Pitt Pad look kind of pathetic.

TFP Founder

My Pool: 13K gal IG gunite with 7' spa, Pentair Cartridge Filter, Intellichlor IC40 SWG, Polaris 280 Cleaner, TF-100 Test Kit w/ salt test.

9. Back To Top    #9

Quote Originally Posted by SeanB
    That's awsome!

Sean,
    If you just put a Lone Star in one of the corners (so you're not standing on it) you'll be good to go! I've got my grill still sitting in my patio, but this does give me ideas on how to mod my pool deck to move it out of my patio.

Thanks Tag,
    Sean Assam - Sean@teamhorner.com
    National Accounts and Commercial Products Manager
    AquaCal Heat Pumps www.aquacal.com
    AutoPilot Salt Chlorine Generators www.autopilot.com

10. Back To Top    #10
    Quote Originally Posted by matt4x4
    mermaid queen - my feelings exactly!! Although I do like that design - very cool!

If God blessed Texas - why'd he give you Bush (x2 to boot)???? That just negates everything good about Texas for the next 5000 years!
    Ah, misguided Matt There's a whole lot more to Texas than Bush.
    Brian

11. Back To Top    #11
    That's awsome!

I like that pit with the smoke box on the side. I bet it makes some good baby back ribs.
    Brian

12. Back To Top    #12
    It does the job, but you have to watch it pretty close. It's a cheapie and doesn't hold the heat as well as I'd like.

I plan on upgrading to a much heavier duty one when this one burns out. I figured I'd get a cheap one and see how well I liked it and how much use it got before spending money on a higher end pitt.
    TFP Founder

My Pool: 13K gal IG gunite with 7' spa, Pentair Cartridge Filter, Intellichlor IC40 SWG, Polaris 280 Cleaner, TF-100 Test Kit w/ salt test.

13. Back To Top    #13

Quote Originally Posted by The Mermaid Queen

Can ya dig it?

Texans are always Texans. No matter if a Texan relocated to a different state for a job or what not, I never ever heard that a native Texas say they hate Texas. They say they miss it. There is a lot of pride in this state for sure. I say Texas has the best moral for sport teams also.

Hook'em Horns!! :P
    :grin::grin: Yes I am a newbie :grin::grin:

Grecian 17'x33' Vinyl liner pool
    ZeoBrite filteration
    SWG Aqua-rite
    Sta-Rite Dura-Glas 1.5hp pump.
    SAM Light

21037.5 gallons

14. Back To Top    #14

That's awsome!

Now I know where my pit is at!!

Love my smoker!!

Hey did you replace the thermostat in yours?

ZeoBrite filteration
    SWG Aqua-rite
    SAM Light

21037.5 gallons

15. Back To Top    #15

Re: First step of Backyard Kitchen

Quote Originally Posted by tagprod
    I'm not going to have anything too fancy, but I built this last fall. I'm moving towards building a paplapa over it. Anyone with any experience with that - feel free to pipe in.

Oh yea love the looks ! Great job. Can you do one for my back yard??

ZeoBrite filteration
    SWG Aqua-rite
    SAM Light

21037.5 gallons

16. Back To Top    #16

Re: First step of Backyard Kitchen

Quote Originally Posted by Pool_Mike
    Quote Originally Posted by tagprod

Oh yea love the looks ! Great job. Can you do one for my back yard??
    It took three weekends to get this in - 60 bags of 80 pound quickcrete - I severely underestimated how much I'd need or I'd have done something different. The flagstone was left over bits and pieces from the coping that they were going to throw away. I scooped 'em up and layed 'em out in the grass. I took a picture of them and numerically labeled each piece on a printed copy of the picture. On the back side of the flagstone I marked it with a Sharpie with the number. I used hog pen panels as reinforcement and to use to hold up the stones while the concrete was drying. My brother in law helped me and he is a perfectionist. I would love to come do it again at your place pool mike, but my BIL won't return my calls - I think he's afraid I'm gonna ask for more help
    Brian

17. Back To Top    #17

Now I know where my pit is at!!

Love my smoker!!

Hey did you replace the thermostat in yours?

Sorry, I missed this post before. No, I haven't replaced the thermostat in mine. It seems to work fine, although the pit doesn't hold heat as well as I'd like. Still, it does great for the price!
    TFP Founder

18. Back To Top    #18

I feel the same way about the consistant heat. I really miss my little smoker

This mofo smoked and cooked so simple, just that it was to small for the bigger jobs I do on the grill now a days

RIP old smoker

ZeoBrite filteration
    SWG Aqua-rite
    SAM Light

21037.5 gallons

19. Back To Top    #19
    I feel the same way about the consistant heat. I really miss my little smoker

This mofo smoked and cooked so simple, just that it was to small for the bigger jobs I do on the grill now a days

RIP old smoker

smells great! what were you cooking and how many people are you cooking for now?
    Brian