Blue Torrent variable speed pump schedule will not run

I have scheduled cycle 1 to run. Pump is on. Start stop light is on. On the screen it says Running cycle, but pump never turns on at scheduled time. Doesn't seem like it should be this hard to program. How do I make sure it is running the correct cycle? I have only programmed cycle 1.

P,

Welcome to TFP... A Great resource for pool owners no matter what color canyon you live in... :drown:

I looked at the Blue Torrent VS pump manual and it appears to be pretty straight forward...

I did not see anything obvious... I have never heard of Blue Torrent.. is this a popular brand in AZ?

Some things that I'd want to check...

1. Does the pump work when manually pushing the speed buttons.
2. Is the AM / PM set correctly for the internal clock?
3. Is the AM / PM set correctly for the schedule?
4. Is the led above the Start Stop button on?

My guess (and that is all it is) is that if the pump runs manually, then something with the schedule you entered must be wrong. The pump could be bad of course, but my gut says it is not the pump, it is you.. :p At least if I was there it would be me...

Let's see if we can get some other members here that might have some experience with your pump to chime in...

Thanks for posting,

Jim R.

I think I know what happened. I was setup to run from 730pm to 530am in the cycle-1.It does not run.

But when I changed to 730pm to 735pm. It runs perfectly.

I also tested from 730pm to 1130pm, it also runs well.

BUT it won't run when u setup something like pm to am. Even like 1150pm to 1205am. It just won't run when it change from pm to am or am to pm.

I am guessing you have to setup the same AM or PM for start /stop time in each cycle.

I think you have to set the time to 24hr like military time that's what mine is and it works

I am having same problem as others.
I have 24 hrs time clock.
It won't let me run from 18:00 pm to 0359 am on 24 hour clock , it is setup in schedule cycle and the start/stop button is activated when the time comes it is not running
the instructions are not clearly stated what are the time limitations if I have to program all 8 cycles or I can use just one cycle and If I can only run in PM set up and then setup cycle in AM mode

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I am having same problem as others.
I have 24 hrs time clock.
It won't let me run from 18:00 pm to 0359 am on 24 hour clock , it is setup in schedule cycle and the start/stop button is activated when the time comes it is not running
the instructions are not clearly stated what are the time limitations if I have to program all 8 cycles or I can use just one cycle and If I can only run in PM set up and then setup cycle in AM mode
In the "Work Mode" tab you need set it to "Schedule"

Guys, I just got this pump and I have it set up to run on a schedule but I’m trying figure out how to manually run it in schedule mode (ie the schedule is set for 10am to 3pm) but I want to manually run it at 8pm for my spa. Any ideas?

I think I know what happened. I was setup to run from 730pm to 530am in the cycle-1.It does not run.

But when I changed to 730pm to 735pm. It runs perfectly.

I also tested from 730pm to 1130pm, it also runs well.

BUT it won't run when u setup something like pm to am. Even like 1150pm to 1205am. It just won't run when it change from pm to am or am to pm.

I am guessing you have to setup the same AM or PM for start /stop time in each cycle.

I've been having the same issue. I took jerry201212's recommendation and it seems to be working now. It seems like the firmware doesn't understand how to jump from PM to AM, so I set the first cycle to run from 18:00 to 23:59 and the second cycle from 00:01 to 9:00. The first cycle started on time. I'll check it in the morning to see if the second phase starts.

Philo told you the issue. Each speed button has a manual and schedule function. There is no issue with crossing AM to PM LOL. When you stop pump hit mode button to select schedule and set speed, start time and duration for speed 1. Then speed 2 and so on for up to 4 cycles of operation. You can also set mode to manual and program separate speeds and durations for all 4 speed buttons for manual mode. If you will set schedules for buttons in schedule mode, then turn speed 4 on in manual, the 4 light is on. Stop pump switch to schedule mode and hit start button. If schedule was setup correctly, and you are in time period pump should be running a schedule, it will kick on at correct speed.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.