What parts am I looking for?

Jun 25, 2009
Loogootee, IN
I should have left well enough alone! :grrrr: :hammer:

I wanted a bigger filter system for my intex pool and next year when I purchase a permanent pool the system would be one less expense I would have to deal with.

Not knowing what I was looking for, I suckered myself into buying what might possibly be junk and threw away $102!

I have a Hayward 1hp pump that is so old, that the Hayward site doesn't have any info on it.
It appears I am missing a screw in type plug used to winterize it?

On the sand filter, It is a Jacuzzi 200lb. there is an inlet/outlet on the bottom side of it that has no cap on it.

The multiport valve thingy, has no screws with it to screw it down onto the sand filter. and there is one gauge on it that the lens is missing.

On the side of the outlet where you would hook up your backwash hose to, is about a nickle size hole, it has a rubber type plug in it, but if it is to keep water from shooting out of it, then it needs replaced. it actually looks as if a gauge of some sort would fit there.

also, the base has holes for bolts/screws to secure the filter, but there are no holes on the filter for the screws/bolts.

The filter will sit in the base, but there is no way to secure it, if I get this system up and running, will the 200 pounds of sand keep it from tipping over?

Go ahead and feel free to rub it in, laugh and poke fun that I was stupid for jumping in and getting it. Is it salvageable?

Thought I would ask you guys before I go to the local pool store and watch them take everything out of my wallet!

BTW, when I picked up the system, I got a box full of stuff!!! 26 1lb bags of dichlor, 7 pounds of dichlor 7day slow disolve tablets, a 2 1/2 ? gallon bucket of white hockey puck looking things that smell like straight bleach. two decent size bags of ph+ and a bag of stabilizer, a skimmer that looks ancient, and a vacuum hose.

PachinkoPlayer said:
BTW, when I picked up the system, I got a box full of stuff!!! 26 1lb bags of dichlor, 7 pounds of dichlor 7day slow disolve tablets, a 2 1/2 ? gallon bucket of white hockey puck looking things that smell like straight bleach. two decent size bags of ph+ and a bag of stabilizer, a skimmer that looks ancient, and a vacuum hose.

Why? For the next pool?

If so, store them in a temp controlled area and they should last ok. The bucket of white hockey pucks are trichlor tablets. They raise CYA and they lower PH and TA. We only recommend their limited use during vacations/times when you are away and can't add chlorine daily.

Don't be tempted to use the Dichlor on your current pool. Save it for another time.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.