Strange error message???

Gooserider

LifeTime Supporter
Strangeness - I got a notification of a message in a thread that I was following, and when I went to look at it, I get an error message "You are not authorized to read this forum" I tried logging out and back in, same problem..

Actually I think I may have just figured it out - is this the message that gets generated when a post was deleted? I tried the "if you want to view the thread" link and that worked - it looked like at least one message was deleted - a bit of irritation w/ Al Bore... (personally, I thought it was funny and wouldn't have killed it, but you set the rules for the board so it's your choice...)

Message in question...
Hello Gooserider,

You are receiving this notification because you are watching the topic,
"It's official. I am cursed." at "Trouble Free Pool". This topic has
received a reply since your last visit. You can use the following link to
view the replies made, no more notifications will be sent until you visit
the topic.

If you want to view the newest post made since your last visit, click the
following link:
viewtopic.php?f=20&t=14810&p=119571&e=119571

If you want to view the topic, click the following link:
it-s-official-i-am-cursed-t14810.html

If you want to view the forum, click the following link:

above-ground-and-indoor-swimming-pools-f20.html

If you no longer wish to watch this topic you can either click the
"Unsubscribe topic" link found at the bottom of the topic above, or by
clicking the following link:

viewtopic.php?uid=9574&f=20&t=14810&unwatch=topic

--
Thanks, The Management

Gooserider

When a post gets moderated, we move it to somewhere that you can't access it. If you get a list of new posts from before the move you can get a link to the post. But if we have moved it since then and you try to read the post you will get that error message.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.