Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: bleach instead of tablets

1. Back To Top    #1

bleach instead of tablets

Can anyone please tell me how much bleach to use in the place of the tablets? I have an above intex pool 16 x 3.5 and am planning to use bleach.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: bleach instead of tablets

Welcome to TFP!!

If 3.5 is the water depth (not the wall height) your pool holds ~ 5300 gallons - if the wall height is 3.5, you have ~ 4500 gallons

To figure out chemical additions, all you need do is click on the "Jason's calculator'' link in my sig and put in your numbers 8)

It'd be nice to have all your pool chemical numbers but, if all you are worried about is the bleach - that's fine, just be sure you know the % of the bleach you will be using when you go to the calculator.

If you haven't already done so, PLEASE read Pool School (also linked in my sig) a couple of times so that you understand ~ what we recommend and WHY we recommend what we do

Have a great summer with the pool (Mark is lucky to have you as his pool girl! you knew enough to come here to do the job right )
    Luv& Luk
    -Ted

Having done construction and service for 4 pool companies in 4 states starting in 1988, what I know about pools could fill a couple of books - what I don't know could fill a couple of libraries :-D

POOL SCHOOL, TF Testkits, Jason's Pool Calculator, CYA vs. cl chart, (Just a few DARNED handy links!)

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: bleach instead of tablets

Ted gave you great advice.

Is this a newly-filled pool with fresh water? Have you added anything to the water yet?

Do you have a way to test the water?
    Helpful links: Pool School; CYA/Chlorine Chart
    24' round AG pool, 52" high, Raypak heater; Waterway 2 spd Pump;
    150 Sq ft. Clearwater Cartridge Filter; Former and DISSATISFIED "Pool Frog" owner
    http://www.PerfectlyClearPoolService.com