Add Salt Light on Zodiac Clearwater LM2-24

Dave M

Jul 2, 2009
I have a Zodiac Clearwater LM2-24 on my 110,000 Litre pool. The water temp is at about 80 degees and the salt content is at about 5000ppm. It got that high because I was obeying the add salt light on the SWG which is causing me grief.

The generator is close to 4 years old and this year the add salt light comes on after a few hours of use and disables the chlorine output. I can press the superchlorinate button on then off and the unit returns to normal. I can also kill the power to the generator and the unit also resets and works for another few hours.

I clean the cell with CLR (Calcium Lime and Rust remover) a couple times per year. I noticed something odd the last time i cleaned it and am not sure if this is normal or may be causing the problem. The centre cell/plate which is connected to one of the lines looks to be shorter with chunks missing from both ends. The ends appear to be bite shaped funny enough and ragged as if it were bitten.

Is the cell causing me grief here or could it be the generator itself?

Please help.

Dave M

Welcome to TFP!

That sounds like the cell is getting old and needs to be replaced. As the cell ages, some of the plates wear away and have a ragged appearance. The current goes down, so the unit thinks there isn't enough salt. Estimating the salt level takes a while, so it works for a while after a reset. All of which is consistent with needing a new cell.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.