Looking for a SWG

Jul 2, 2009
Southern Virginia
HIGH! Yes, I am high on bleach right now as I am converting from the baquacrap to BBB! :whoot: But we want to use a saltwater gen since we had one before...when we were chlorine users with an Intex pool...but am seeing that maybe we won't be able to do it because of the sand filter. Any recommendations on a SWG good for sand filters that won't eat up my water since our water prices just went UP UP UP here in Southern Virginia? :hammer: I read that maybe just adding the blue bagged water softener salt to the water would give me kinda the same effect?? It's been a while since we've used a SWG so I am out of the "loop".

I've read several posts here where people have successfully done a swg with a sand filter - I hope that having a sand filter won't be an issue since I just bought the Intex swg for our pool. Wallyworld has them on their website for 159.99 - our local store had them in stock (despite the website saying it was available "online only") - price in store was 199.99.

not a problem at all...I run mine on a sand filter with now issues....the reason they say that with the intex is that sand filters have the backwash option and can fluctuate your salt levels...I don;t plan on backwashing more than twice this season...so as long as you keep an eye on your salt level and maintain the recommended water balance for SWG's...your all set

Also...using the blue bagged water softner salt is what we prefer to use it is cheaper than pool store salt, it's just a little courser, but not worth the added expense...99.6% or better pure solar salt is what your looking for...not the softner salt bags with additive such as to combat iron

Your welcome...yeah...sorry didn;t realize you were in the conversion process, but that should be an issue as you won;t be running the swg during the conversion, but rather after and your backwash frequency will go down as well once your water is all sparkly :party: ...good luck

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.